The SRES® Designation became an official member of the National Association of Realtors family of designations in 2007. The Designation was developed to focus on the needs of home buyers and sellers aged 50 years and older.
The mission of the SRES® Council is to promote member success by providing high quality training and tools necessary to position the SRES® Designee as the trusted real estate resource for this market. A SRES® is a REALTOR® who has received extensive training in helping these homebuyers and sellers. I am ready to help you as a real estate professional that will respond to your specific needs as a 50+ buyer or seller!
According to a 2016 Freddie Mac survey of boomers, the majority of those 55 and older plan to stay in their homes during retirement. Among those who plan to move, one in five say they will sell their home and buy a new one, while one in 10 say they will sell their home and rent when they move.
Reasons seniors want to stay in their own home as originally seen on HealthyWomen.org are:
- They love their home. It's where their children grew up and where their family meets for holidays. Home is where the heart is.
- They love being near the ones they love, who are their support network and ground them.
- They love their community. Church, book club, bingo nights, a favorite restaurant down the street … community is what makes a neighborhood special.
- They want to stay independent. Aging in place means living the way they want to. They create their own rules.
- They want to customize their care. In their home, they're in charge. They get to choose what type of care they want.
Seniors today have many resources available to make their decisions on any changes to their housing situation. Whether you chose to stay in your home or sell and make a transition to a different home, let me help you through the process. I can help make the transaction less stressful and more successful. Contact me and let's check out the resources that are available to you. Call me at 303.884.1314 or email me at Norm@NormTeSlaa.com.