Specifics on Home Buying
Buying a home is an exciting time in one's life. Making the smart move of choosing a REALTOR® is your first step to ensuring that your new home and community meets your needs. My services and experience range from helping you find the home that best suits you and your family to providing financial and loan information and resources. For your convenience, I also provide listings by email, assuring your prompt receipt of any new listings as they come available. I pride myself on repeat business and hope you'll come to understand why!
As your agent, I will:
- Assure that you see properties in your area that you are interested in and that meet your criteria.
- Guide you through the entire home buying process, from finding homes to look at, to getting the best financing, and advising on my perception of the quality of the home's construction
- Make sure you don't pay too much for your new home and help you avoid costly mistakes.
- Answer your questions about the local market area, including schools, neighborhoods, the local economy, and more.
Before You Start Looking For Your New Home:
- Check your credit rating. Straighten out any errors before its too late.
- Determine a comfortable monthly budget for your new purchase, including down payment and monthly payment.
- Find a loan program that meets your needs and get pre-qualified (preferably pre-approved).
- Choose a REALTOR® that you trust and who understands your needs.
- Determine what neighborhood best matches your needs.
- Identify important features you need your new home to have.
Closing Costs to Expect:
- Lender fees include charges for loan processing, underwriting, preparation and establishing an escrow account.
- Third-party fees include charges for insurance, title search, and other inspections such as termites.
- Government fees include deed recording and state & local mortgage taxes.
- Escrow and interest fees include homeowner's insurance, loan interest, real estate taxes, and occasionally private mortgage insurance.